Scarlet Tears' music elaborates the dark side of love and lust, and the melancholic state of being bitter and scorned by the world of shallow love and destructive lies.
SCARLET TEARS was conceptualized and conceived around November of 2003. A rag tag bunch of able musicians started to flesh out the band’s music in early 2004 up to their first performance on October 30 of the same year.
This Manila-based, five-piece act elaborates the dark side of love and lust, and the melancholic state of being bitter and scorned by the world of shallow love and destructive lies. With the release of their self-produced debut EP Beneath a Crescent Moon, the people behind Scarlet Tears continue to sow the seeds of sorrow and pain, and bleed for their music – music that has already soothed each member’s soul, music that has yet to touch another willing soul. And so the band trudges on…
- CRIMSON NIGHTFALL anniversary/commemorative CD (2009)
- BENEATH A CRESCENT MOON EP (2005)
- SCARLET TEARS promotional/sampler CD (2005)
- A SOUND RELIEF benefit digital compilation featuring the song “Scarlet Tears” (2009)
REVIEWS, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES:
- Music To Die For | Mick Mercer’s 4th book on Goth (2009)
- Entity Republik E-zine | Scarlet Tears Interview (July 2007)
- FHM | “The 30 Best Indie Bands Under the Radar” (May 2006)
- Fudge Magazine | “Sweethearts of Darkness” (Summer 2006)
- The Manila Bulletin | Lifestyle: “A Haunting Beauty” (06 March 2006)
- NU 107.5 | Ballad of the Times feature (April 2010)
- Jam 88.3 | Radio guesting/live performance (December 2007)
If this was a painting it’d do injury to the eye with all the things to take in... Scarlet Tears’ music comes at you in waves. It lifts you up skyward where your head almost touches the clouds then it brings you crashing down, dashed against the rocks. It’s dangerous and fanged, undoubtedly gorgeous so much so that, being drawn to it becomes the first step to your demise. -–Karl de Mesa, "A Haunting Beauty”
Unlike some of their local peers, who play mostly tormented melancholy ballads, Scarlet Tears play original Gothic rock anthems that make you want to jump and dance around, shaking your hair to the uptempo beats, driving guitar riffs and wailing banshee singing style... Complementing the great musicianship of her crew, lead vocalist Katrina Pallon carries all songs, wailing like a love-torn banshee out for lusty vengeance, making the music of the band stand out like serrated stakes in a pit-trap; ready to impale and permanently stick to your memory. -– Michael Kanoy, “Anthems for the Worshipers of the Morbid"
Love, lust, music, poetry, and the visual arts.
Booking Agent FOR BOOKINGS AND OTHER INQUIRIES:
Mobile Number | (+63915) 783-3624
|< Prev||Next >|